Ahmednagar's Devastating Crime Rate!!

Ahmednagar, hmm, many of our urban readers would never have heard about this place. But defence aspirants, what about them? They must know, because Ahmednagar is the base for Indian Army's Armoured core, the MIRC Greens and many the mind blowing tank museum, Ahmednagar, has it all! What a beauty it is, the largest district of Maharashtra, probably the third largest in the country. Ahmednagar is the home to the world famous Kalsu Bai Shikhar, the tallest mountain of the Indian state of Maharashtra, once you climb it and reach its peak, I am telling you, you will find clouds at your feet!

Now you will say, if the title of this blog is talking about the crime rate, then why are you singing the praises!!

The reason being I don't want the readers to have a complete pessimistic approach towards the Ahmednagar district and city, though now-a-days, in the recent past, crime rate had boosted but still Ahmednagar is the epitome of history, culture and spirituality. Ahmednagar is the home to the town of Nevasa, where the greatest of all saints, Shri Sant Dnyaneshwar Maharaj, formed the enlightening interpretation of Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta!

So, you people would have read the blog called "Sthanak Meri Manzil!", if not read this. I have told you here where I live but then you would be wondering what the hell I was doing in a remote area like Ahmednagar.

So, I went to Ahmednagar only in 2008 because my father got transferred there, directly from, Ahmedabad. Now rather than explaining the demographics of the criminals and the crimes happening then, I'll share with you some of those incidents that happened during 2008-13. 




1) The convoy that was going to arrest a double murder culprit!!


I used to study in a school, that was almost 8 kilometres away from my home. During those days, I used to go to school by a Tata Sumo. On one fine day, when we were returning to our homes, I saw a convoy of police people along with ambulances, they requested our beloved driver uncle to stop and he did stop. It was only the next day we got to know that the convoy was on its way to arrest an infamous person who had killed two humans!

2) The robbery of Diwali, 2011/12!


I actually don't remember the exact year. Actually I used to stay in a building where there were 3 floors, on the first floor, there were guest houses, whereas on the second flower two different flat owners used to live and both of them owned two different flats on the third floor. We were their tenants. So, what happened in this Diwali, the flat owners, both of them had gone to their native places and hence the entire second floor was vacated. When they returned, they were shocked, both the flat owners (of course, they lived with their families) were shocked to see the doors of the houses open. Cash worth rupees 5 lakhs had been stolen, jewellery had been stolen, cameras had been stolen, the thieves had managed to steal everything but they could not only break a Godrej cupboard and hence the things inside that cupboard didn't vanish (not at all a paid partnership with Godrej, please note!). The next day, when police arrived, they found a gun bullet on the floor. The thieves had managed to switch off the lights, fans, etc. only thing they kept open was the doors of the houses! Even me and my family were at my native place during those days, but then why did the thieves spare us? The answer is simple, our neighbours were there in their house and astonishingly a day before this infamous incident, two people had come enquiring to our neighbours, they asked them where have the people of the second floor, gone!? Not sure till this date, whether the thieves were caught or not.

3) The man who came all the way to our house!!!

I just don't exactly remember the date when this happened, but on one fine day when I came back from school, my mother told this incident in a frightening tone. What had happened, a person had come to our house, thank god our home had a metallic safety door even during those days, he brought some vegetables and told my mother that " Your husband asked me to deliver these vegetables!" my mother was shocked and the kind of alert lady she is, she asked that stranger to wait and told him that she is calling her husband to confirm this with him and by the time she reached the landline, that stranger had disappeared. Now no one on this planet knows what his intentions were, but what is important is alertness and a safety door.

4) The kind hearted shopkeeper: An alert citizen!

It was just a normal night before I got up, rather I woke up in a different world. Last day my father had gone to Goa for some office work and most probably some people had observed him with his bags and as a result on that very day, during night two masked men entered our building, they had almost come at 2:00 A.M. in night. Dogs had started barking at their peak, but the those masked men even thrashed those innocent but vigil strays with utmost cruelty. So, exactly adjacent to our building there was a building which had a general store and the shopkeeper of that store was a person with whom, all of us were well acquainted. Actually his daughter/son had got married off late and he had become a grand pa! After hearing the dogs' barking and crying, the baby woke up and started to cry and hence our shopkeeper uncle came out with him in balcony and was shocked to see those two men. Now, during those days we had bought a red coloured swift, it was brand new and it had a security alarm, now-a-days all vehicles have it, but "Uss jamane mein charche gajab jannat mein the!!"  So, our uncle was in a state of confusion and was afraid but, the kind of ethics he had, he was ought to do something, he somehow made the baby sleep and even he knew about the car's security alarm, so he had an orange in his house and our car was parked in our building's parking, he threw that orange on our car and our car was like "Tavnau tavanu tavanu teeen teeen teen 🚨🚨🚨", 😂😂. Though I have made this a little funny here, but after listening to this alarm, thieves "Dhoom lagake bhage."  Next day, in the morning, my mother found a key was left to the scooty lock by the owner of our flat, that means the thieves literally would have rode that scooty to escape, but was saved by the alertness of our beloved Mr. Shopkeeper, though I remember his name, for security reasons, I am not mentioning it here.

5) The sound of bullet!!

On a sunny day, by the way in Ahmednagar even monsoon is sunny 😂😂 but let us come back, so on some day I was siting in my house and was most probably studying and all of a sudden, I heard a loud sound as if of a bullet:

  • Sound of bullet (Most Probably).
  • Sound of a person yelling in pain.
  • Finally a woman screaming.
God knows what happened, but some foul play had happened, most probably!

6) Personal Experience!

During the Diwali of 2012 as I already mentioned we had gone to our native place and when we came back, on the next day my cycle had disappeared and after 4 days all of a sudden my mother recalled that she had not seen her phone for the last 4 days. Now you would say how is this even possible? But during those days, mobile phones didn't have apps like fb or insta and even whatsapp was not there on that mobile but even then during those days, its price was something up to ₹10,000. No one knows where it went and who stole it. Mysterious!!!

7) Additional Collector!!

In 2010, an additional collector was burnt alive on a petrol pump. Can you imagine, an additional collector!!

8) IPS officer was not spared!!

Once somewhere in the district an IPS officer had come for a meeting and the driver had parked his vehicle and all of sudden two people asked driver to move his car a little bit and so the driver unlocked the car and by the time he reached the driver's seat, those two men had managed to open the doors and they ran away with a bag that had the officer's laptop inside it. "Daring toh dekho inki!💀"

These were the eight incidents and I left Nagar in 2013 only in 5 years I saw so much of crime, so in its history, we can't imagine would have happened.  

But, since I started on a positive note, I will pen off also by positive note. Not all people there are criminals, we have people who have humanity much more than the people of urban areas. I still remember how the local people welcomed all of us whenever we used to go anywhere, with utmost respect and some of them had almost become family members. Moreover the level of education that I have received in Ahmednagar's St. Michael's school, no other school can think of even reaching at par with what they used to teach us. When my father was transferred to Uran territory, I was happy that I was going closer to my native place but when I came here, I realised that how I am going to miss the humanitarian behaviour of the people living in those rural areas! 

For more such interesting blogs, click here. 

Do visit Ahmednagar, once in a life time.

In near future, Ahmednagar will be called, Ahilyanagar.

Many more spiritual places like Shirdi, Shani Shingnapur, etc. are in the Ahmednagar district.

The tank museum is a must visit!

Thank you very much for reading this blog. Jai Hind!!🔥🔥







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malvan: An Indelible Trip!

Bhavsagar: The Cosmic Ocean!!!

Lord Vitthala!